Being affiliated to CBSE, the school follows the CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) pattern. Under CCE, equal weight age is given to Scholastic and Co-scholastic domains and students are assessed not only in terms of their knowledge or through the rigours of the conventional formal examination system. They are assessed through ongoing, child-centric and overt processes and also for their participation and engagement in class/school activities.
Salient features of CBSE scheme are:
- Each academic year is divided into two terms:
- Term I- April to September
- Term II- October to March
- All the students have to undergo school-based assessment.
- Each term will have two formative assessments.
- Evaluation comprises not just the academic aspect but the holistic aspect of students’ development.
Advantages of CBSE pattern
It helps in reducing stress on students by-
- Identifying learning progress of children at regular interval on a small portion of content.
- Employing a variety of remedial measures of teaching based on learning needs and potential of different students.
- Encourages learning through the use of multiple modes of teaching.
- Involving learner in the learning process.
- Recognizing specific abilities of students, who do not excel in academics but perform well in other co-curricular activity.
- Holistic development of the child’s development including cognitive, affective and psychomotor domain.
Thus the curriculum has been so designed to ensure that our students:
- Develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Acquire life skills and an affirmative approach cum attitude towards learning
- Enhance intrapersonal and interpersonal skills
- Build connections between conventional academic disciplines and practical life
- Gather broad and global perspectives
- Engage in inquisitive, experiential and reflective learning
- Develop HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills)